2018 Chili Open charities
Each year the Rotary Club of Strongsville selects several deserving charities to receive funds raised by the Chili Open.
This year's selected charities are:
- Boys Hope Girls Hope of Northeastern Ohio
- Boys Hope Girls Hope provides stability, support, and scholarship to bright and motivated children from challenging circumstances. Despite the fact that their scholars have faced some combination of economic poverty, severe family stress, neighborhood violence or other extraordinary circumstance, they maintain a courageous desire to make their goals a reality. Their time-tested Residential Program contends that the combination of a quality education, a safe and secure home, and a consistent routine will provide the young people we serve with the values and opportunities they need to realize and achieve their full potential.
- Easter Seals Northern Ohio
- Easter Seals provides exceptional services, education, outreach, and advocacy so that people living with autism and other disabilities can live, learn, work and play in our communities. Easter Seals has been helping individuals with disabilities and special needs, and their families, live better lives for over 90 years. From child development centers to physical rehabilitation and job training for people with disabilities, Easter Seals offers a variety of services to help people with disabilities address life's challenges and achieve personal goals.
- Far West Center
- Far West Center shines a light of hope on those coping with the impact of mental illness on daily life. Our mission is to strengthen individuals, families and the community through culturally relevant behavioral healthcare services, advocacy and education. They provide services for persons with severe mental illness and their caregivers, as well as persons at-risk of developing serious mental health problems.
- The Lantern
The Lantern's mission is to provide quality sober living to chemically
dependent men and to educate and assist people with recovery from
drug & alcohol addiction. We believe that drug and alcohol addictions
are progressive, chronic and potentially fatal diseases.
Although every resident shares the same disease when it comes to addiction, the Lantern recognizes that every individual has their particular focus area that needs to be addressed. Residents are treated with the utmost compassion and care rather than being regarded as just another number or statistic.
- St Augustine Hunger Center
- The St Augustine Hunger Center has been serving the greater Cleveland community for over 48 years providing meals, clothing, household items and agency referrals to those in need.
- Rose Mary Center
Rose-Mary offers children and adults with intellectual and developmental
disabilities an opportunity to live in a home-like setting throughout
Cuyahoga County, while still being cared for by licensed and
professional staff, including nurses and direct care professionals
who assist twenty-four hours a day seven days a week.
Rose-Mary Day Program focuses on finding and developing the individualized strengths of participants and helping them to become ready for work place employment in the three main areas of Activities of Daily Living, Functional Academics and Pre-Vocational Skills.