2017 Chili Open charities
Each year the Rotary Club of Strongsville selects several deserving charities to receive funds raised by the Chili Open.
This year's selected charities are:
- Applewood Centers
- Applewood Centers is a leader in improving the lives of children in Ohio by providing high quality behavioral healthcare and out-of-home services for children and their families. Services offered include: counseling, psychological testing and assessment, psychiatry, foster care, residential services, and The Gerson School, offering alternative educational experiences for students who have not found success in a traditional school setting.
- Camp Cheerful
- Founded in 1940 by four Rotarians Camp Cheerful's mission is "To enable and empower children with disabilities and their families to grow, learn, play and prepare for lifelong achievement in society." The camp experience is far more than simply "recreational", it provides an educational, wellness and socialization outlet for campers with disabilities — one that is not often available to them.
- Easter Seals Northern Ohio
- Easter Seals provides exceptional services, education, outreach, and advocacy so that people living with autism and other disabilities can live, learn, work and play in our communities. Easter Seals has been helping individuals with disabilities and special needs, and their families, live better lives for over 90 years. From child development centers to physical rehabilitation and job training for people with disabilities, Easter Seals offers a variety of services to help people with disabilities address life's challenges and achieve personal goals.
- Hope For Honduran Children
- The Hope for Honduran Children Foundation was established to help provide a nurturing environment for children ravaged by conditions of extreme poverty in Central America. In addition to supporting them with food, clothing, shelter, medical care and education, our ultimate goal is to instill the desire and provide the necessary tools for these children to become self-sufficient, caring, and responsible adults.
- The Up Side of Downs
- The Up Side of Downs of Northeast Ohio's mission is to provide support, education and advocacy for individuals with Down syndrome, their families and communities. USOD is the primary resource in Northeast Ohio for families and communities regarding Down syndrome, where all people are accepted, included and empowered. The Up Side of Downs envisions a community where people with Down syndrome have limitless opportunities and the ability to pursue their dreams.
- Youth Challenge Sports
- Youth Challenge brings together young people with physical disabilities and teen volunteers who inspire each other through adapted sports, recreation and social growth activities.